In combination with other automotive sensors and technologies, GNSS has an important role in the €141 billion business opportunity of connected car industry.
IMPACT Connected Car is designed to give a boost to all parts of the value chain, including industry start-ups; in partnership with global brands including PSA Group and the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile.
IMPACT Connected Car offers start-ups a six-month acceleration program, and will distribute up to €2.1 million equity free. Awarded start-ups will have access to up to €60,000, equity free (in grant) and up to €50,000 equity free.
Projects selected for the program will “smartize” their start-ups while learning from experts in business, technology, corporations, and funding.
All participating startups will be invited to have a special place in the Connected Car Open Space, a new platform that brings together the Connected Car community.
Finally, top start-ups will have the opportunity to receive private funding of up to €200,000 from participating venture capital funds.
IMPACT Connect Car is looking for SMEs and start-ups in the following main challenges:
- SAFETY & SECURITY - Functions that warn driver of external hazards and internal responses of the vehicle to hazards
- DRIVER ASSISTANCE - Functions involving partially or fully automatic driving
- WELL-BEING - Functions involving driver’s comfort and ability and fitness to drive????
- MOBILITY MANAGEMENT - Functions that allow the driver to reach a destination quickly, safely and in a cost -efficient manner
- VEHICLE MANAGEMENT - Functions that aid the driver/car owner in reducing operating costs and improving ease of use
- INFOTAINMENT - Functions involving entertainment of driver and passengers????????????????????????????????
The scope is not rigorously limited to these 6 topics listed above. Applications from solutions being applied to other mobility modes/topics are welcome, whenever they will explain how they would be applicable or transferable to the operations and systems of the car.
IMPACT Connected Car, funded by INNOSUP Initiative under Horizon 2020 EU Programme aims at creating value link-chains for innovation in the Connected Car OpenSpace, with vehicle, infrastructure and device & TelCo interactions and consumer & business services, through the acceleration and smartization of 70 Disruptive SMEs in this OpenSpace.