The Euro-Mediterranean Satellite Navigation (GNSS) Project sets up training and demonstration activities for the benefit of the Mediterranean partners. The project is also associated with the setting up of a co-operation office, which shall bring longer-term benefit in the region.
The project aims to:
- Set priorities for regional added value service development based on GALILEO, stemming from EGNOS, identifying the most important target market segments
- Carry out a GNSS education and awareness programme?
- Define an operational validation plan taking into consideration the existing sub-regional initiatives
- Define the concept of service provision and associated programmatic institutional issues
- Perform EGNOS/GALILEO trials and pilot projects taking into consideration the existing sub-regional initiatives
- Implement the necessary infrastructure required for the success of the project
- Identify funding requirements
- Identify national partners for GALILEO among the Mediterranean partners